Refugee resettlement services

Four Francophone organizations in Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick, Accueil francophone (Welcoming Francophones) and the Conseil Économique et Social d’Ottawa-Carleton (Ottawa-Carleton Economic and Social Council),  the Multicultural Association of Fredericton and the Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area, provide resettlement assistance to refugees. They do so through the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP) funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

RAP is intended to provide basic financial support to those eligible for this program for up to one year after arrival, or until they are financially self-sufficient through employment or another source of income.

These agencies provide immediate essential services to refugees by:

  • Meeting them at the airport or at their final destination in Canada
  • Providing them with temporary accommodation
  • Providing basic orientation sessions on Canada, daily life and financial management
  • Helping them find permanent housing
  • Referring them to other settlement programs

Awareness of Francophone and Acadian communities among refugees

Members of the Francophone and Acadian communities wish to make allophone refugees aware of the possibilities to thrive in both official languages and to participate in their local community. With this in mind, the Fédération des communautés francophones et acadiennes (FCFA) du Canada has created new tools to promote Francophone communities.
Visit the web site !

Skip to content